Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Very First Ride to Hills




My very first ride to Hills:

I wanted to ride and I wanted to ride to hills, almost n number of times the plan was made and almost equal number of times it was scraped due to some or other reason. So I have severe doubt about the success of my n+1 number of plan, when I suggested my dear friend Bobby a weekend ride to some near by hill station. I will use this opportunity to tell you something about Mr. Bobby aka Aryan, he is an avid tourer and a fabulous photographer, in short a superb ride partner to anywhere.
The next thing was to decide upon a destination which can be done to and fro in short span of two days. But one thing was for sure we will be riding either to Himchal pardesh or Uttrakhand. Together these two states offer huge number of destination to someone who is residing in and around Delhi/NCR. In the due course of discussion, planning contemplating some other riders also becomes the part of this proposed ride. Narkanda was considered as the first choice but distance of 400+ kilometers from Delhi made it a little impractical to do in two days time. Here comes the kasuali into the scene, yes you are right this is the same place where Jaadu landed in his state of the art spaceship and turned Hrithik from zero to hero, but jaadu’s jaadu didn’t work on us and because of some unknown reason it was marked out too.
This is where Mr. Imran famously knows as Born2Lead or B2L came with the idea of going to Lansdowne, now this is a small hilly area with Garwhal rifles army cantonment.
The distance of just 250+ kilometers from Delhi make it just a perfect getaway for the hustle bustle of Capital city.
Destination was decided, riders were ready in short we were ready to roll. The meeting point was Mohan nagar, ghaziabad. I started from my place at 4:15 am and at 4:30 I was at the meeting point. Now I was waiting for the fellow riders to join me. I was full of excitement and anticipation this was “The Moment” I am finally riding and I am riding to hills, it may be relatively a short ride but it’s a ride nonetheless.
And this is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment